The Spike Week DraftIQ Tool is the perfect way to understand your Best Ball Portfolio and help you implement the optimal strategy for your drafts. We have also added the Draft Helper Overlay tool to help you draft better teams with more information in real-time. In addition to the functionality of the tools, we’ve put together this guide to help you both understand the information in the tool, as well as troubleshoot any issues you may encounter when getting started.
- Your Average ADP – The Average Draft Position you have selected this player at. Green means your average ADP for this player is later than his current ADP. Red means your average ADP for this player is earlier than his current ADP.
- 7 Day ADP Change – how many spots that player has moved up or down in ADP in the last 7 days for the site selected.
- Total ADP Change – how many spots that player has moved up or down in ADP since the start of the first contest on the selected site.
- Roster Build – the number of each position you selected for that team. Format = QB – RB – WR – TE.
- Zero RB – No running backs drafted through the first 5 rounds of that draft.
- Hero RB – Only 1 running back drafted in the first 3 rounds, and no additional running backs in the first 8 rounds.
- Dual RB – 2 running backs drafted in the first 3 rounds, and no additional running backs in the first 8 rounds.
- Robust RB – At least 3 running backs drafted through the first 5 rounds of that draft.
- Stack – any combination of two or more players from an individual team, regardless of position.
- Game Stack – any combination of players in particular game where you have at least one player from each team, regardless of position.
- Elite QB – First QB drafted in the first 6 rounds
- Elite TE – First TE drafted in the first 5 Rounds
- Late Round QB – First QB not until after round 12
- Late Round TE – First TE not until after round 12
Draft Helper Glossary & Tips
Once you install the Spike Week Browser Extension, you will gain access to the Draft Helper. In order to enable your data about the teams you have drafted to populate when you draft, you will need to sync your drafts with DraftIQ. These step by step instructions for that are located here.
Default Overlay Settings (NFL Example):
The data that you see in your drafts with the Draft Helper is completely customizable. Each user can select from a list of options of data points to customize exactly what they want to see while they draft. Each site (Underdog, DraftKings and Drafters) is individually customizable, so you can see different data points for each site, if you so choose.
These are the default options that are pre-selected when you download the extension:
Views of Default Settings During Drafts (NFL Example):
Customizing Draft Helper:
The above is what the default settings are in the Draft Helper, but you can quickly and easily customize those options for whatever your personal preferences are. To customize your options:
- Navigate to your Browser Extensions. You can type Chrome://Extensions into your address bar, or in Chrome you can go to “More Tools” -> “Extensions” in your browser settings.
- Once on your Extensions page, find the Spike Week Browser Extension.
- Select “Details”
- Once in the Spike Week Browser Extension, navigate down the page and select “Extension Options”
- This is the page with all of the options you saw above.
- Select your custom options and click Save
- The options selected will show up in the Order they are listed on the Options page, aside from 2 specific options
- Playoff Schedule (Week 16 & 17) will show up first (if selected)
- Correlations (teammates or game stacks) will be highlighted on the Player Name or the Schedule Section (I.E. if a player correlates in a Week 17 game, the Week 17 game will be highlighted)
Can I set up DraftIQ or use the Draft Helper on mobile?
- No, unfortunately there is no current option for syncing your data from the sites to DraftIQ outside of the Browser Extension, which can only be used on a desktop/laptop device. The Draft Helper overlays also only work with the Browser Extension, which is only for desktop/laptop as well.
What fixes should I try if I’m getting an error with DraftIQ or the Draft Helper?
- Refresh your page – sometimes the page or overlays just need to refresh & they will populate
- Make sure you are logged into the Spike Week extension on Underdog/DraftKings/Drafters. If you go to the page on one of those sites where you send your lineups to Spike Week, and you select “Click to Get Lineups for Spike Week”, it will allow you to log back in if needed.
- Log out of Spike Week (at SpikeWeek.com) and log back in.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Extension. If you do not have the extension downloaded, you can download it here.
I installed the browser extension, but when I go into Underdog I don’t see the button to start downloading lineups.
- Go to the completed lineups page in Underdog and refresh the page.
I just uploaded my lineups, how long will it take to show up in DraftIQ?
- The lineups will begin to be crunched within 5 minutes of the last one being sent. It can take anywhere from 2-30 minutes to crunch them all depending on how many you uploaded.
I am on DraftIQ and I don’t see any of my team data populating.
- Log out of Spike Week and log back in. Then navigate back to DraftIQ.
I am unable to login to the browser extension.
- Refresh the page. Make sure you have your credentials correct and try to login again. If you are still unable to login, download and install the latest version of the extension here.
When I enter a DraftKings draft with the extension installed, the player pool is blank/missing.
- Sometimes your browser might pre-populate the Player Name search bar on DraftKings with your email address. You just need to remove that and the player pool will re-appear.
I am trying to download rankings on Underdog to upload for my drafts, but the CSV download is blank.
- Make sure you have selected Best Ball Mania 3 or one of the Puppy tournaments in the header of DraftIQ. Then select download rankings. This CSV should be populated with our top 250.
If you run into any further issues, you can reach out directly to our Support team in the Discord community. Head over to Discord and find the channel titled #Tool-Support under the Community section.
We appreciate your help and patience as we roll out this new tool. Very soon the Spike Week extension will be live in the Google Chrome store, at which point you will not have to take many of these extra steps and the update process will be much quicker.
The Spike Week DraftIQ Tool is the perfect way to understand your Best Ball Portfolio and help you implement the optimal strategy for your drafts. We have also added the Draft Helper Overlay tool to help you draft better teams with more information in real-time. In addition to the functionality of the tools, we’ve put […]
The Ultimate Resource to CRUSH your Best Ball Drafts.
We created the first ever suite of tools, rankings, strategy and analysis specifically dedicated to Best Ball.
Built by Best Ball players for Best Ball Players, the Spike Week tools were crafted to solve the problems we all had as drafters. Whether that’s the DraftIQ Exposure and Portfolio tool to help you see anything and everything about your teams and player combinations on EVERY site, the Draft Buddy Browser Overlays to make drafting so much easier or simply rankings and strategy designed specifically for Best Ball tournaments – not just standard fantasy advice.
If you aren’t satisfied with the product for any reason, just shoot us an email or contact Erik Beimfohr directly in our Free Discord, and we will refund you within the first 48 hours.
Already a subscriber?