With the explosion of Best Ball tournaments, Best Ball players now have a buffet of options of tournaments across a ton of different buy-in levels, payout structure and advance rates. Every site has their own scoring system, but every tournament on every site often has a little bit of a different structure in terms of a ton of different variables. Those variables can be extremely important to how Best Ball players deploy their bankroll or where they focus their time with their drafts.
There is no *right* or *wrong* tournament structure. Which tournaments you play are entirely a personal preference. But some of these tournament elements can have very different impacts depending upon what your Best Ball goals.
Because of this, we create a new Best Ball Tournament Selector that displays most of the relevant details about each tournament’s specific structure that are important for us to consider when we decide which tournaments to play
Best Ball Tournament Selector glossary:
- Site – Which Best Ball platform is offering the tournament
- Tournament – Tournament Name
- Entry Fee – Cost for each team you draft into this tournament
- Prize Pool – The total prizes for the entire tournament. This amount is fully guaranteed whether the contest fills or not.
- Entries – Total Maximum number of teams that can be drafted in the tournament
- Max Entries – Maximum number of teams any individual user can draft into the tournament
- Finals Size – Total number of teams in the Final Round of the tournament (if applicable)
- % of Teams in Final – Percentage of the total teams drafted in the entire tournament that make the final round
- Regular Season Advance – Number of teams that advance from the regular season to the playoffs
- Week 15 Advance – Number of teams that advance from the Week 15 2nd round to the 3rd Round (including total teams in each group in that round)
- Week 16 Advance – Number of teams that advance from the Week 16 3rd round to the Championship Round (including total teams in each group in that round)
- Min Cash Amount – The total dollar amount you receive if your team advances to the playoffs. This is a total amount, not profit.
- % of Teams Min Cash – Percentage of the total teams drafted in the entire tournament that receive at least the minimum cash amount
- % to 1st – Percentage of the Entire Prize Pool that goes to the 1st Place team
- % to Top 10 – Percentage of the Entire Prize Pool that goes to the Top 10 teams
- Finals Min % – The total dollar amount you receive (at minimum) if you make it to the Week 17 final. This is a total amount, not profit.
|Site||Tournament||Entry Fee||Prize Pool||Entries||Max Entries||Finals Size||% of Teams in Final||Regular Season Advance||Week 15 Advance||Week 16 Advance||Min Cash Amount||% Teams Min Cash||% to 1st||% to Top 10||Finals Min $|
|Underdog||Best Ball Mania 4 Playoff||$25||$10,000,000||677,376||150||441||0.07%||2/12||1/16||1/16||$25||17%||30%||48%||$1,000|
|Underdog||Best Ball Mania 4 Regular Season||$25||$5,000,000||677,376||150||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||$250||1.50%||10%||25%||N/A|
|DraftKings||NFL Best Ball $10M Millionaire [$1M to 1st + ToC SF Entry]||$10||$10,000,000||1,178,496||150||1,364||0.12%||2/12||1/12||1/12||$15||17%||10%||32%||$500|
|DraftKings||NFL Best Ball $2.6M Millionaire [$1M to 1st + ToC SF Entry]||$555||$2,600,000||5,220||150||29||0.56%||2/12||1/6||1/5||$850||17%||38%||59%||$10,000|
|DraftKings||NFL Best Ball $100K Fourth Down [Single Entry]||$4||$100,000||29,400||1||34||0.12%||2/12||1/12||1/12||$4||17%||15%||45%||$200|
|DraftKings||NFL Best Ball $100K Hot Route [3 Entry Max]||$100||$100,000||1080||3||10||0.90%||2/12||2/6||2/6||$150||17%||20%||57%||$1,500|
|DraftKings||NFL Best Ball $200K Bubble Screen [Single Entry, $50K to 1st]||$15||$200,000||15,552||1||18||0.12%||2/12||1/12||1/12||$25||17%||25%||59%||$750|
|DraftKings||NFL Best Ball $600K Play-Action [20 Entry Max]||$3||$600,000||237,600||20||275||0.12%||2/12||1/12||1/12||$5||17%||8.30%||32%||$150|
|DraftKings||NFL Best Ball $100K Button Hook [3 Entry Max]||$9||$100,000||12,960||3||30||0.23%||2/12||1/12||1/12||$15||17%||10%||43%||$500|
|DraftKings||NFL Best Ball $1M Four Technique [$200K to 1st]||$44||$1,000,000||25,920||150||30||0.12%||2/12||1/12||1/12||$70||17%||20%||56%||$2,500|
|DraftKings||NFL Best Ball $250K Pocket Passer [Single Entry, $50K to 1st]||$250||$250,000||1,080||1||10||0.93%||2/12||2/6||1/6||$400||17%||20%||63%||$2,000|
|Drafters||$20 Drafters Million||$20||$2,000,000||111,252||150||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||$35||17%||15%||40%||N/A|
|Drafters||$3 Drafters Mini||$3||$200,000||74,160||150||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||$6||17%||15%||40%||N/A|
|FFPC||FFPC Best Ball Tournament||$125||$1,245,000||10,368||150||72||0.69%||2/12||2/12||3/12||$300 (+3 Best Ball Entries)||17%||16%||29%||$1,500 (+Main Event Entry)|
With the explosion of Best Ball tournaments, Best Ball players now have a buffet of options of tournaments across a ton of different buy-in levels, payout structure and advance rates. Every site has their own scoring system, but every tournament on every site often has a little bit of a different structure in terms of […]
The Ultimate Resource to CRUSH your Best Ball Drafts.
We created the first ever suite of tools, rankings, strategy and analysis specifically dedicated to Best Ball.
Built by Best Ball players for Best Ball Players, the Spike Week tools were crafted to solve the problems we all had as drafters. Whether that’s the DraftIQ Exposure and Portfolio tool to help you see anything and everything about your teams and player combinations on EVERY site, the Draft Buddy Browser Overlays to make drafting so much easier or simply rankings and strategy designed specifically for Best Ball tournaments – not just standard fantasy advice.
If you aren’t satisfied with the product for any reason, just shoot us an email or contact Erik Beimfohr directly in our Free Discord, and we will refund you within the first 48 hours.
Already a subscriber?